Wednesday, January 05, 2005

I just discovered something about myself--I want my spiritual walk to be like a movie.

I don't mind doing the right thing--as long as I'm properly appreciated for it, I can see how it fits into the plotline, and I'm in the right mood (preferably helped along by appropriate background music.)

But heaven forbid that I should have to give up any of my time to help out, am inconvenienced in any way, have to help when I'm not feeling well, or--far worse--do somebody else's job! My dad calls this last the "union mentality"--a refusal to do anything above or beyond what is strictly required of you by the letter of the law. I protest whenever he applies that description to me, but I guess he's right after all.

Why do I want life to be so cushy? I wish I had been born with a natural propensity for doing the hard things, and always having the right attitude, and with no concern for the "me and mine". I think I need to build some spiritual muscle. *sigh*

3 Comments:

Blogger natalie said...

*groan*
You said it, sister. :-/
That's what I've been thinking in relation to myself lately - I want to be well informed/educated/read, and to know the Bible really well, and WHY I believe what I believe...and then I'm confronted by the fact that it would actually take WORK. *gasp!*

There...you joked you'd post something controversial-- and though this wasn't, it certainly touched a nerve! Thanks though. I'm encouraged that I'm not alone. :-)

2:06 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Aw, thanks guys...now I feel encouraged--I thought I was the only one!

3:27 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Oh, and I'm glad to see you're posting again, J! I wanted to comment, but I forgot what my xapa username was...*grin*

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free iPods

Search Engine Submission and Internet Marketing


Search Engine Optimization and Free Submission